Vote, like and subscribe to us!

Join our Steam group! Join us on Teamspeak! Join us on Discord!
Visit us on YouTube! Follow Us On Twitter

Ads in our full priced video games.

9 replies
HOOAH!:
+294
Oh boy, this is a doozy.
https://imgur.com/a/rhFuj
A presentation by a company that aims to monetize videogames further by implementing AI that will actively manipulate you into buying microtransactions. You know those adds you get with those shitty free phone-apps? Yup, that's the stuff, and we're gonna (hopefully not) see this in our (premium full priced?) video games if this company has their ideas accepted.

Acquiring more information about its players includes spying on them via their phones and internet usage as well, I think it's about time we start intensely reading the ULAs.

A little reminder to not pre-order, as companies are unlikely to disclose whether they add systems like this (and BETAs will definitely not have these things visible). Don't want to get a nasty surprise (likely after more than 2 hours of mindless tutorials, so you can't get a refund duh) when playing a game you thought would be good.

Stay woke, be a smart consumer lads.
Posted Jan 22, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 22, 18
HOOAH!:
+436
First of all, what a shitty presentation. Don't they know how to make slides look interesting? I almost don't feel threatened by them anymore.

Second tho, I do hope shit like that won't reach any other platform than mobile phones, even though it should've never come that far in the first place. I guess for the consumer that is aware it's now just a wait and see game, since most consumer won't be aware of it until it's too late.

It's the child of that Battlefront 2 shitstorm isn't it?

I'm so sorry.
Posted Jan 22, 18
HOOAH!:
+9
As long that every idiot pre-orders and buy's all this shitty EA Games etc. It will not stop and more companies will follow.

It's so sad. Yeh as you said be smart and maybe some of this stuff get's illegal like Brussel with the BF2 Boxes cause it was counted as gambling.

Thanks for the info Juan
Posted Jan 27, 18
HOOAH!:
+49
As long that every idiot pre-orders and buy's all this shitty EA Games etc. It will not stop and more companies will follow.

Did you talked about me? :cry:
Posted Jan 27, 18
HOOAH!:
+294
If you pre-order, then definitely yes. It has given companies the confidence to put more and more awful shitty anti-consumer shit in because you keep falling for it. AAA gaming has been bad for years, and it won't ever become good again, they'll always find a way to make it shitty. From microtransactions-based AI difficulty or matchmaking to advertisements in a full priced games. Gaming has been ruined by people constantly falling for pre-orders of digital goods, and constantly buying lootboxes. You have contributed, actively, to destroying the thing we all love.
Posted Jan 27, 18 · OP
HOOAH!:
+49
You have contributed, actively, to destroying the thing we all love.

I'm good at that!
Posted Jan 27, 18 · Last edited Jan 27, 18
HOOAH!:
+294
Not too late to change. I pre-ordered back in the day. Bf4, full service, all the bells n whistles. Never again.
Posted Jan 27, 18 · OP
HOOAH!:
+436
Do you guys play sarcastaball? Really great sport! I think every sport should be replaced by sarcastaball!
Posted Jan 27, 18
HOOAH!:
+49
Do you guys play sarcastaball? Really great sport! I think every sport should be replaced by sarcastaball!

Ok but we need bras and Tin Hats!
Posted Jan 27, 18
List
Undo
HOOAH!:
+294
Unsurprisingly, I am really, really bad at sarcastaball.
Posted Jan 28, 18 · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices