Vote, like and subscribe to us!

Join our Steam group! Join us on Discord!
Visit us on YouTube! Follow Us On Twitter

Favorite game of 2017. Share yours!

5 replies
HOOAH!:
+300
2017, seemed to be a pretty good year in terms of games (well, apart from the whole Star Wars and Destiny debacle), what was your absolute, non-contested favorite? Perhaps some good purchases for one another? And what games do you think are good in 2018? Or stuff you are looking forward too?

Mine would have to be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In terms of open-world adventure games, I can safely say I think it's the absolute best of its kind.

For this year? Well, I've been having an amazing time with Subnautica, coincidentally, also an open-world adventure, but with survival and being absolutely brick-shitting terrified of the dark mixed in. In a completely different way from BotW, it's an amazing open world game

Looking forward to Far Cry 5, mostly cuz Syndicate and I are looking to blast through that game, not because I think it's actually going to be good (lol, Ubisoft). And of course Metro Exodus, love the series.
Posted Feb 18, 18 · OP
List
Undo
HOOAH!:
+62
While Legend of Zelda botw is a strong contender I have to say my game of the year is Divinity Original Sin 2 with it's multiplayer mode.
Disappointment of the year is Assassins Creed Origins. I actually really like the Assassins Creed series, but to me the new game seems like a pure downgrade from syndicate (less mobility, unnecessary large world with too much nothingness inbetween, less options for approaching targets)
Games that I wish I could play but can't because I can't afford the consoles:
Gravity Rush 2 (and the original)
Horizon ZD
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Persona 5

What is interesting in 2018? We already got Kingdom Come Deliverance which is a good RPG (although not for everybody) and Monster Hunter World, although I am going to wait for the PC version. The Guild 3 could be promising if they complete it. Besides that there is no big game that I really look forward to. However, I am looking forward for 2 particular indie-titles:
Cross Code and Moonlighter
And an honorary mention goes to Enderal, a Skyrim total conversion. While the mod came out in 2016 they are going to release an expansion "Forgotten Stories" this year.
Posted Feb 19, 18
List
Undo
HOOAH!:
+450
Cool little idea there, thanks!

The only game of 2017 that I bought was "The Escapists 2". And what a nice fun game it is! Retro-style and perspective and mechanics, combined with a prison-break scenario on many different maps including many different solutions to the problem. Sometimes the game goes so far that the psychological influence of a real prison-stay can jump on to you by just playing. Depending on how many times you fail, of course. Available for singleplayer and coop. Since latter is my favourite gamemode, it's also definitely a favourite in my steam library.

For this year (I don't really know if all of these titles are released this year), I'm obviously looking forward to the new Battlefield game. But since we don't know anthing about it yet, I'll stay careful 'till I know more. I guess they're going to present it in Alpha state first again at E3, for those who want to know, the EA press conference is on June 9th at 8pm LSG time, I already put it on the calendar.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a particular Coop called "A way out". It's a 2-player coop story about two guys breaking out of prison. For once, the coop goes as far that sometimes the gameplay seems to differentiate quite a bit depending on which of the two characters you play. Sounds exciting, and since it's a prison break game like The Escapists 2, I can't wait to have a "sequel" :p
And of course, another game that looks really nice is "Sea of Thieves". I don't think I need to tell you all a lot about it, as it was trending among game-youtubers the last month, as it hopefully will among us all. Regarding "Blackwake", this might just seem a sequel as well, but with much more content, and even more sillyness. A nice little game to play on evenings I reckon.
Posted Feb 19, 18 · Last edited Feb 19, 18
HOOAH!:
+226
PlanetSide 2 best game for still existing and being awesome.
Posted Feb 19, 18
HOOAH!:
+15
BF 1942 is & was the best game ever but I can go further in the past and looking at Dungeon Master and that was exeptional but all u guys don't even know what I'm talking about lol
Posted Feb 19, 18
HOOAH!:
+1
PUBG

Just kidding, 2017 GOTY for me was also Divinity Original Sin 2 (that or Nier Automata)

I wanted to play Metro Exodus in 2018, that and the Fallout Project Brazil mod whenever it comes out this year supposedly.
Posted Feb 19, 18 · Last edited Feb 19, 18
NoticeNotices